Thursday 26 April 2007

Transition.


Just spent a day lazing away after my previous 2 papers.

So that means I've finished 4 papers, and only 1 more to go before I officially graduate from NTU.(Well, technically I still have a final year project presentation, and then the convocation in July/Aug. But thats another story)

The past 4 papers have passed by like a flash. Probably the slackest semester I have ever done. By that, I mean, only starting to study for a module 4-5 days before the exams. Thats.. very bad. Considering usually, I start revision 3 weeks before the first exam paper.

Also, I've gotten a little complacent in that sense. Something to the extent of exams don't matter anymore. For example, most of my papers are 2 hour papers, except for the first paper, which was 2.5hours. For the first paper, I left the exam hall 1 hour early. For the 2nd, 45 minutes early, for the 3rd, 30 minutes early. And for the most recent one, 1 hour early.

Ugh.

A little bit of thought went into thinking why did I leave early. Probably, I think the year 4 modules generally have easier papers, cause they want people to graduate and go out and be productive. Also, most of the papers were very 'absolute' papers. By that, I mean, when you look at the question, you either know the answer or you don't. So I find it pointless to stay that long in the exam hall. That said, it means I have not stayed to see the paper collected. Not even once. I think I'll stay behind during my last paper.

In a sense, life is pretty much in the transitional stage. Everytime you change schools, jobs, relationships, theres bound to be transitions. I've spent the last 4 years in NTU. So that means, I'll officially move out of hostel for good. And then its time to plan for the rest of life. (Or the next 5 years at least)

I've also made a few plans for the coming 6 months to a year. Also, some goals and all. I might or might not write them here. Lets see how they all play out.

No comments: